How many visitors does Minnesota get a year?

How many visitors does Minnesota get a year?

In 2018, the Minneapolis/St. Paul area received 34.5 million total tourists, up from 33.3 million in 2017. In 2018, overall tourist expenditure would be $8 billion, up from $7.8 billion in 2017. The greatest increase in tourism activity was in outdoor activities such as hiking, biking, fishing, and camping.

The state of Minnesota attracts 6 million visitors a year, with about two-thirds coming for recreational purposes. The most popular attractions are the parks and museums in Minneapolis and St. Paul. These cities are surrounded by beautiful natural beauty, including hundreds of miles of trails for walking, running, or riding a bike. There are also several national forests and parks within an hour's drive of the city center.

Minnesota is known for its friendly people and quality food. And with more than 200 breweries in the state you can find something for everyone's taste. If you're looking to visit a state with plenty to see and do, then look no further than Minnesota!

---

This article is part of our "Travel around the World" series. We love traveling and we want to help you find the best deals when you travel so please keep in mind this article doesn't cover all prices or all parts of the world. If you have any questions or comments please let us know!

What do you need to know about Minneapolis, MN?

Here are the most crucial things you should know before visiting Minneapolis to assist you prepare for your stay. This might be perplexing for those who aren't familiar with the area. Minneapolis and St. Paul share a boundary. Minneapolis, Minnesota's most populous city, is noted for its high-rise office skyscrapers and active nightlife. It's located on the Mississippi River, across from St. Paul. The population is approximately 600,000 people. There are lots of great places to go hiking, biking, and running in the surrounding metropolitan areas. The city center is compact and easy to navigate.

Minneapolis has a reputation for being a friendly town with a small community feel. There are lots of events going on throughout the year at local theaters and music venues. The annual Minneapolis Music Festival takes place in early June at the Washington State Park Campground Theater. There are also several independent film festivals held throughout the year including the Twin Cities Film Fest which is held each summer in late August at the TCF Bank Stadium.

The Minneapolis-St. Paul area has some of the best shopping in Minnesota, especially for trendy clothes, accessories, and home decor items. You'll find big box stores along I-35 but if you're looking for something more unique, there are plenty of indie boutiques to explore. If you're looking for groceries, there are many large chain restaurants but there are also many small ethnic eateries that serve authentic Mexican, Indian, Thai, Vietnamese, and Chinese dishes.

What is the population of the state of Minnesota?

Minnesota has three cities with populations greater than 100,000. Minneapolis is by far the largest, with a population of 410,939 people. Saint Paul (300,851) and Rochester (300,851) are close behind (112,225). Paul metropolitan area is home to roughly 60% of Minnesota's population, with the remaining 40% spread across the state. Minnesota is the 18th most populous state in the United States.

The United States Census Bureau estimates that the state's population was 3,792,163 on July 1, 2018. This represents an increase of 16,171 people since the 2010 census. It is also expected to be a record high for the state.

In addition to the three large cities, other notable population centers include St. Cloud, which is home to nearly 70,000 people; Duluth, which is still recovering from a devastating flood in 2011; and Bemidji, which has about 7,000 residents. There are also hundreds of small towns and villages across Minnesota. Together, they form a diverse population of more than 92 million people, making it the fourth most populous state.

Minnesota has a long history of immigration, which has shaped the state greatly. Most recently, many Asian Americans have moved to the state because of its good economy. In fact, according to the latest census data, 6% of Minnesotans identify themselves as Asian American, making them the second highest percentage after California.

About Article Author

Jennifer Foster

Jennifer Foster is someone who has always had an interest in travel, but never seemed to have the time for it. Until one day she realized she didn't want to do anything else but travel full-time. She quit her job, sold all of her belongings that weren't travel-oriented, and started living out of a suitcase. She's been living this lifestyle for over a year now, and she absolutely loves it. Jennifer is constantly exploring new parts of the world and learning about different cultures.

Related posts