How long can you stay in the Philippines as a US citizen?

How long can you stay in the Philippines as a US citizen?

Tourist visa. A visa must be secured if you intend to stay in the Philippines for longer than thirty (30) days. A fifty-nine (59) day visa can be obtained at the Philippine Consular Office that has jurisdiction over your area before traveling to the Philippines. You must go to the nearest Philippine consulate or embassy to obtain the visa.

Work permit. If you want to work in the Philippines as a non-immigrant visitor, you must secure a work permit. The process is not easy and will take several months if not years. There are many factors involved in the approval process. For example, the employer who seeks to hire you will have some say in this matter. He or she may be able to help reduce the time it takes to get your work permit by putting forth a good argument as to why you should be allowed to come work in the country.

Spouse/Husband/Partner visa. If you are married or in a committed relationship and plan to stay in the Philippines for an extended period of time, you will need to apply for a Spouse/Husband/Partner visa. This process is similar to how other non-immigrant visitors are treated. Your spouse/partner must submit an application for a visitor's visa directly to the Philippine Embassy or Consulate in Washington DC.

Do you need a visa to stay in the Philippines?

A visa is not required for a stay of less than thirty (30) days. Travelers must have a valid return ticket to their country of origin or the next country of destination, as well as a passport valid for at least six (6) months beyond their stay in the Philippines. However, it is advisable to check with the Philippine Embassy or Consulate in your home country regarding requirements for entry into the Philippines.

What kind of visa do you need to work in the Philippines?

Foreign people who intend to stay in the Philippines for an extended period of time must get the necessary visa. The following are the major categories of Philippine visas given for a longer period of time: A Philippine Work Visa is granted to foreigners who want to work for a Filipino firm. This visa is usually valid for two years and can be renewed once.

If you have been hired by a Philippine company, there is a good chance that they will submit an Employment Application for you. This document will need to be completed by both the employer and the prospective employee. It will then need to be signed by an authorized representative of the employer or someone with authority to bind the employer to pay your salary. This could be a parent or guardian if you are under the age of 18, or a spouse if you are married. If none of these apply to you, then you can also be asked to complete and sign an I-9 form. This is used for new hires and it requires information about you including your full name, date of birth, gender, nationality, occupation, employer's address, and signature. You will also need to provide your electronic passport or identity card as proof of identification.

Your employer will then need to submit this form to the Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE) in order to obtain a Visitor's ID Card for you.

How can a foreigner stay longer in the Philippines?

You can apply for a Philippines Long-Stay Visa in one of two ways: at a Philippine embassy or consulate overseas, or online. You must enter the Philippines with an ordinary tourist visa and then change it to the sort of visa you want at the BI. The process takes up to 10 days depending on how fast your application is processed by the BI.

Visas are not issued to foreigners who will only stay in the Philippines for a short period of time. If you plan to stay more than 60 days, a long-stay visa should be obtained from an immigration office in the country.

Spouses and children under 18 years old of Philippine citizens can travel to the Philippines with their parents/guardians on a long-stay visa. Spouses and children of Filipino citizens can also apply for a long-stay visa if they do not qualify for an extension permit.

The usual duration for a long-stay visa is six months but this can be extended for another six months. There is no limit on how many times you can extend your visa.

If you intend to stay in the Philippines for less than six months, a temporary visitor's visa is sufficient. This type of visa allows you to visit the country for a maximum of 30 days.

About Article Author

William Worth

William Worth has been working in the travel industry for over 10 years, and has seen many different aspects of it. Nowadays he's the go-to guy for all things related to travel - from planning your adventures to finding the best travel deals.

Related posts