Can I enter the US with a naturalization certificate?

Can I enter the US with a naturalization certificate?

When entering by land or water, U.S. citizens under the age of 16 must provide a birth certificate or equivalent evidence of citizenship. If you were not born in the United States, you can utilize your original naturalization or citizenship certificate. Original certificates are retained by the Department of Homeland Security and are available for inspection at any U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) office.

Photocopies are accepted as evidence of identity and date of birth. The photocopy should be clear, well-printed on both sides of the page, and include your full name, date of birth, and place of birth. If there is an issue with your naturalization certificate, such as a missing document or information, please contact USCIS directly through their website:

You must also produce proof of vaccination against tuberculosis to enter the United States. This requirement applies even if you have been vaccinated before coming to the United States. You will need two written statements from doctors or health facilities indicating that you were vaccinated against tuberculosis. The first statement should be signed by the doctor or facility who administered the vaccine and the second statement should be signed by a doctor who has knowledge of your medical history. These documents should be carried with you when you enter the United States.

In addition to these requirements, land border crossings may have other rules regarding passports and visas.

Can you cross the US border with a birth certificate?

Children under the age of 16 (or under the age of 19 if traveling with a school, church, or other youth organization) must provide a valid passport, birth certificate, or other evidence of citizenship. An original, a photocopy, or a certified copy of the birth certificate may be used. If no birth certificate is available, then a death certificate may be substituted.

The following states and territories issue driver's licenses: Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, Wisconsin, Wyoming.

If you are not a U.S. citizen but will be applying for a driver's license at a federal office that issues licenses to non-citizens, you should bring proof of your alien status. This includes a valid passport or other visa. Applicants without proof of their status will not be issued a license.

People who are not citizens but who have permanent resident status (green card holders) do not need to show proof of their citizenship to get a driver's license. However, they must fulfill other requirements to obtain a license.

Can a US citizen enter the US with a birth certificate?

For international flight travel, all passengers must have a passport book. Please keep in mind that hospital-issued birth certificates, voter registration cards, and affidavits are ineligible. Forms can be obtained from state agencies or online.

In addition to a valid passport, certain other documents may be accepted as proof of identity when filing tax returns. These include a birth certificate, naturalization document, permanent resident card (green card), visa, or other documentation that proves your identity and eligibility to file a return. If you do not have one of these acceptable forms of identification, you will need to file an application for an Individual Tax Identification Number (ITIN).

The IRS recommends that if you cannot produce any form of identification when filing your tax return, then your tax return should be filed using estimated taxes. Contact the IRS for more information on how to estimate your taxes online at or by calling 1-800-TAX-FORM (1-800-829-3676).

Taxpayers who cannot prove their identity but who want to help the IRS collect their taxes can submit a Declaration for Identity Protection under Section 524(c) of the Internal Revenue Code.

Can I enter the US with a certificate of naturalization?

To enter several countries, U.S. citizens must obtain a visa granted by that government. The Certificate of Naturalization shows that you have been officially declared a citizen of the United States and is proof positive that you are permitted to live and work in the country.

You will need to provide your certificate of naturalization to U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) agents if they ask to see it during a routine inspection at any U.S. port of entry. They may do this as part of their responsibility to ensure that only eligible foreign nationals enter the United States.

You should know that even though the CBP agent will probably allow you into the country without a problem, this document is still important. If you have ever been arrested for a crime or had your passport revoked, for example, then you will not be allowed to enter the United States regardless of how much evidence you provide that you deserve to stay.

The best way to avoid this situation is to not commit any crimes while in another country. If you are found guilty of a crime while in the United States, however, you will have to deal with the consequences no matter what type of document you possess.

About Article Author

Jeffrey Ford

Jeffrey Ford loves to travel. He's been all over the world and has seen many beautiful places. When he's not on the road, he's busy writing about his adventures. Jeffrey has been published in National Geographic, GQ Magazine, and Men's Journal.

Related posts