Can I bring my brother to Italy?

Can I bring my brother to Italy?

If you are a non-EU citizen with a valid residence permit in Italy, you may apply to bring your (also non-EU) family members to live with you. This is accomplished through the Italy Family visa, often known as a "Italy Spouse Visa" or "family reunification" (ricongiungimento familiare) visa. You must show that all family members are related to each other through blood or marriage and that they all meet certain age requirements. The process of applying for this visa is complicated and requires an application to be submitted at the Italian Embassy or Consulate in your country of origin.

In order to apply for this visa, you will need to submit the following documents: photo ID page for yourself (such as a passport) proof of relationship between you and each family member (for example, a birth certificate for siblings or parents' marriage license for spouses) and proof of their age (e.g., a birth certificate for children under 18). If any family member is over age 60, an additional document is required to verify ongoing medical treatment. The total cost of this visa is about $220 USD for first-time applicants.

Your application should be sent to the Italian Ministry of Foreign Affairs through the Italian Embassy in your country of residence. Applicants are strongly advised to apply early before the deadline expires. In addition, it is recommended but not mandatory that you send someone with you to Italy when you apply for the visa. Your local foreign affairs office can provide more information on how to do this.

Can relatives of Italian citizens travel to Italy?

You have complete entry and stay rights in Italy as a family member of an Italian citizen. You may require an entrance visa depending on your nationality and current location. Visas are issued by the nearest consulate or embassy of Italy.

As with most countries, if you are traveling to Italy as a relative or friend of an Italian citizen, there are some restrictions depending on how long you intend to stay and what type of relationship you have with the citizen. For example, if the citizen is a child under the age of 18, any accompanying person must be a parent or legal guardian. The same rule applies if the citizen is a pregnant woman or nursing mother. There are also limits on the length of time that you can remain in Italy without applying for a residence permit. These rules vary from country to country so it's best to check with the local authorities about requirements if you plan to visit several European countries.

Being a relative or friend of an Italian citizen doesn't automatically mean that you will be granted a visa. If accepted, you will need to provide evidence of being able to support the Italian citizen financially during your stay and prove that you have valid accommodation arranged upon your return to your home country.

The cost of entering Italy does not depend on the nationality of the traveler nor the kind of visa he or she holds.

Can I live in Italy if I marry an Italian?

If you are married to a citizen of another EU country, you can seek for citizenship in that country, and as an EU national, you will be able to stay in Italy. Although marrying an Italian can assist, it will not fix all of your residence issues. For example, if one of the spouses loses their job or gets sick, they may be forced to leave the country.

Generally speaking, anyone who is living in Italy, either as a tourist or resident, can apply for a passport. The only requirement is that you must provide evidence of having a good reason for needing to travel abroad. This could be because of work or education, but it cannot be simply to find a better life somewhere else. If your reason is valid, then you should not have any problems getting a passport. You can apply in person at an embassy or consulate, or by mail or online. It takes about four weeks to get a new passport and its cost is about $140 (as of 2015).

As soon as your new passport is issued, go in person or by post to the Ministry of Interior, which is responsible for issuing passports. They will tell you how to use your new document and what documents you will need along with it. For example, when applying for a visa, the officer will ask for your passport number and the page where your photo appears.

About Article Author

Sarah Cutler

Sarah Cutler is a travel enthusiast and freelance writer who has lived all over the world. She's written many articles about her adventures in different countries, and she loves sharing her knowledge with others. When she isn't working or traveling, Sarah can be found reading books about history or learning about new cultures.

Related posts