Can I add my middle name to my passport?

Can I add my middle name to my passport?

To get your middle name written on your passport, you must submit a new application. You must provide a legitimate document displaying your middle name, such as your adoption decree or a government-issued ID bearing your middle name. If there is no record of your middle name, it cannot be included on your passport.

In addition, the last name on your passport must be your legal name. If you are using your married name instead, your passport will not be valid for travel outside of the United States. You must apply using your original name or existing documentation proving that name is yours before a new passport is issued.

You can also request that your passport include your middle name by writing it on an extra page with the instructions provided by the Department of State. Your passport vendor (travel agency or printer) can also write your middle name in for you.

It is important to remember that while your passport may list your middle name, it does not necessarily have to be used for identification purposes. The names on your identification documents may be different than your passport; therefore, they may be used when checking into airports, etc.

If your passport expires before your other documents, you should obtain new identification documents containing your correct information before you travel.

Why is my middle name not on my passport?

Submitting a fresh application is the best approach to guarantee that your middle name is not included in the new passport. Fill out Form DS-11 without the middle name and submit it along with your birth certificate and ID without the middle name. The new passport will be issued with the original filing fee.

How do I change my middle name on my passport?

If a person desires to alter their middle name or surname, they must go to a Passport Seva Kendra or the official website and apply for a re-issue of their passport, as well as download Form No. II for Miscellaneous Services and fill in the necessary data. The application form can be downloaded from both the PSK website and from the official website.

The process involves an investment of time because it requires following a number of steps before your request is accepted. It is recommended to follow the instructions carefully so as not to encounter any problems while applying.

People who want to change their middle name or surname on their passport should know that the procedure cannot be done at a passport office with whom you have no relationship. Instead, they must visit a Passport Seva Kendra or download the form from its official website and submit it along with the required documents.

For example, if the person wants to change "John" to "Jack", then he/she will need to provide evidence of this name change like a copy of his/her birth certificate which has "John" as his/her given name, or an ID card which has "John" as his/her name.

Can I get a passport without my middle name?

There should be no difficulty as long as the name on your passport is your entire legal name. Many people do not have middle names. Some countries require that you provide evidence of your full name in order to be granted a passport.

For example, some countries require that you provide a copy of your birth certificate with your full name on it. Others will need your marriage license or other proof of your full name. The best advice we can give you if you do not have a middle name is to find out what requirements countries put on passports and make sure you include all the necessary documentation with your application.

If your name is already written inside the passport and there is no way to change it, then unfortunately you cannot get a new passport with a different middle name. You would need to apply for a new passport with your new name. But before you do this, please keep in mind that some countries may not accept your new passport if the names are not identical. So if you want to change your middle name, you should do it before you travel so you have time to get a new passport.

The only way to guarantee that you will be allowed into the country with your new passport is to apply for it with your new name.

About Article Author

David Glass

David Glass is a travel enthusiast and expert. He has been to over 50 countries and has lived in Thailand, where he learned to speak Thai. He loves learning about different cultures and how they are different from one another. David likes to spend time exploring new areas on his travels, as he believes that this helps him to understand why people do the things that they do in life.

Disclaimer is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to

Related posts